Intermittent Oven Keypad Membrane Connection
We see this problem frequently. It sometimes causes intermittent operation or an error code to be displayed.
- Many different models of ovens
- Intermittent operation of oven buttons, sometimes results in a keypad related error code.
Typical membrane connection. This one is a Whirlpool/Kitchenaid model.
- Carefully release the locking tabs on the zero-insertion-force connector that holds the keypad ribbon.
- Next check for oxidized contacts on the membrane tail.
- Clean them with your 2nd grader's Pink Pearl eraser - yet another use for this ubiquitous tool.
- This resulted in a repaired, reliable keypad connection!.